Covid-19: Our Response
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we wanted to update you on Qual IT’s current Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and provide an overview of the key steps we’re implementing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in New Zealand, as well as to support our clients in these uncertain times.
Tuesday 23 February 2021
All Qual IT offices are now open and welcoming our team and visitors on-site under L1.
Monday 15 February 2021
We have now reconvened our Qual IT BCP team and will be meeting regularly to keep abreast of the latest community transmission situation as it unfolds.
In line with the latest Government guidelines issued for Auckland and the move to L3, our office in this region is currently closed to our team and any visitors. However, our northern team are prepared for working remotely and continue to provide QA expertise during L3 to our customers.
In Level 2, our Qual IT offices in Wellington and Christchurch remain open to our team and to visitors but with limited staff on-site, and we are encouraging those that can to work from home where it is appropriate.
Wednesday 23 September 2020
Following the Government's announcement that Auckland will move to new alert Level 2 from Wednesday 23rd September at 11.59 pm, and the rest of the country has moved to Level 1, our Auckland office will now start to operate with onsite staff attendance, as well as a return to site for customer engagements as required.
Whilst this is a positive move, we are urging our staff in this region to follow the rules in place set by Government and Ministry of Health and abide by all other precautionary measures as Auckland is still under monitoring, and remain cautious and alert.
In Level 1, our Qual IT Wellington and Christchurch offices are happy to welcome the team and visitors on-site and continue to ensure all the good health practices we have set in recent months remain.
Wednesday 12 August 2020
We have now reconvened our Qual IT BCP team and will be meeting regularly to keep abreast of the situation as it unfolds.
In line with the latest Government guidelines issued for Auckland, our office in this region is currently closed to our team and any visitors in the move to Level 3, and our staff are picking up working from home again.
In Level 2, our Qual IT offices in Wellington and Christchurch remain open to our team and to visitors but with limited staff on-site, and we are encouraging those that can, to work from home where it is appropriate.
Tuesday 9 June 2020
In accordance with Government guidelines and the move to Level 1, all our Qual IT offices have now re-opened to our team and to visitors.
Thursday 26 March 2020
- Adhering to Government guidelines, Qual IT's offices are currently closed to our people and to visitors.
- Our team are working remotely and will continue to partner with our customers and provide QA services to them through these uncertain times.
- We are confident in the reliability and resilience of our IT infrastructure to enable our people to efficiently and effectively work remotely.
- For the next four weeks, our team, along with other New Zealanders are entering self-isolation.
Monday 23 March 2020
Our main concern is the health and safety of our people, customers, and communities. Here’s how we’re responding:
- Qual IT are following all guidelines recommended by the Government and Ministry of Health. This includes:
- The suspension of all non-essential domestic business travel until further notice.
- Qual IT team members who have returned from international travel must follow self-isolation protocol and work from home for 14 days.
- The suspension of all external training.
- The implementation of safe contact rules, including social distancing and utilising virtual meeting options where suitable such as Skype or making phone-calls.
- We are asking all Qual IT people who are considered ‘vulnerable’, with underlying health issues or family members with health issues, to stay at home and are doing our best to ensure that they can work remotely.
- Any Qual IT team member who feels unwell or suspects they have any symptoms of Covid-91 has been asked to refrain from presenting in person at any of our offices, and to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Qual IT provides professional strategies and interventions for personal and workplace support through EAP Services which are available to all our people and their immediate families.
Second to the wellbeing of our people is ensuring we’re flexing with the situation and minimising any disruption to our customers. Here’s how we’re doing this:
- We are communicating and engaging with both our teams and our clients to understand their BCP protocols and plans, and to communicate Qual IT’s own. Our priority is to work with our clients as they navigate the scenarios that may be affecting their business and respect any policies they may be putting in place.
- Qual IT already have the flexibility and robust remote access IT infrastructure in place to enable all of our people to work remotely at a moment’s notice, should that be required.
- For clients implementing their own COVID-19 protocols, Qual IT will work with them to ensure the safety and wellbeing of both their people and our own, including that when requested, their protocols are followed by any Qual IT staff their interacting with.
Remote, Specialist QA: Certainty in uncertain times
Our people are already having a daily impact in helping to manage the coronavirus situation in New Zealand, with QA specialists from across our Consulting, Business Analysis, Engineering and Testing teams already efficiently and effectively working remotely for a number of our customers.
Qual IT are reliable, scalable, flexible and already have a robust and remote access IT infrastructure in place to enable all of our people to work remotely at a moment’s notice. So, if you’re needing to engage with QA specialists who are experienced, resilient and adaptive to how your business is transforming or need to maintain momentum on your project or programme of work, get in touch.
As we continue to understand and reflect on the growing body of information about COVID-19, we will continue to take a considered view and adapt or escalate our response as required. If you have any concerns or questions about your interactions with Qual IT during this time, please let us know.